Get Your Feet Wet...

Welcome to my blog! Please take a couple minutes to watch this video from National Geographic on Why the Ocean Matters. You might be surprised with what you learn.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Share & Voice: We Are the World

This video is entitiled "We Are the World 25" and was made in an effort to raise money for Haiti.  It is a very powerful song to listen to and it is worth listening to the lyrics.  It shows how big of an impact people can make when they band together.

Last year, for Eta Sigma Gamma, we also raised money for Haiti by doing a "Hearts for Haiti" fundraiser.  We made chocolate roses out of Hershey's Kisses and sold them outside of the book store.  It was great to come together as a group for a greater cause.  Many people were drawn to the chocolate factor, but when they heard that the money was going to Haiti, a lot of them wanted to buy even more!

I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do and share some thoughts on other similar activities you may have done.

P.S.  How AMAZING is Celine Dion at 3:51?

:)

7 comments:

  1. I have had this video posted as a link on my facebook since I first heard it last winter. It is amazing and I will watch it from time to time for a pick-me-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing the Hearts for Haiti! It was a great experience knowing that it was helping out someone else. I remember when they did the video "We are the World for Africa", so this is a super cool vid for Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great video. I like when so many artists can come together for a good cause. I remember when they were taking donations over the phone it was just so great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched this video a lot when it first came out. I really like it and it was a good idea to help raise money for Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to share this video! I think it serves as a great reminder of the ideas we've been talking about in class- the connectedness of everything, how we can all make a difference, etc. I really enjoyed watching this.

    p.s. I agree, Celine Dion definitely burst on the scene there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great song! And the Hearts for Haiti project was so much fun and you did a GREAT job on that poster! I'm glad that we got to experience how such a small devotion of our time and effort could create a big change for people in crisis!

    ReplyDelete