Get Your Feet Wet...

Welcome to my blog! Please take a couple minutes to watch this video from National Geographic on Why the Ocean Matters. You might be surprised with what you learn.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Share and Voice: Generation T

Have you ever gone through your closet and thought, "I haven't worn this T-shirt in years!"  Many of us have probably had a moment like this and just threw the T-shirt away.  Well, there are actually many ways to re-use T-shirts that are great projects and can also make great gifts. 

I was recently at a spa part where my friend showed me how to make a scarf out of a T-shirt.  All I needed was a pair of scissors.  I don't have my charger for my camera otherwise I would post some of my own pictures.  Here is an image taken from Kaboodle.com that shows the scarf I made with an old basketball T-shirt: 


All I had to do was cut the T-shirt into loops, pull, and BOOM...I had a scarf.  I decided to do some digging and came across a website called Generation T that has over 100 ways to transform your T-shirts.  This site has already got me cutting up old shirts and transforming them into new, useful items. 

What is great about this site is that almost anyone can make these projects and they require minimal materials.  Some projects are more advanced, and as you progress you can really show your creativity.  Other projects include notebook covers, pillows, bags, Halloween costumes and even a bean bag chair.  The possibilities are endless. 

Have some fun exploring the site and see which projects interest you!

6 comments:

  1. This is really cool Kristen! I already have a few shirts in mind that I don't wear much anymore. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this before. I'll have to give it a try. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting, I think recycled clothing ideas like this are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I have always wanted to make my old tees into a scarf but never knew how. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen quite a few ladies wearing scarves like this lately! I'm glad I know how it's done now so I can make one. I have so many t-shirts I don't know what to do with I could probably make a business out of selling these scarves. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! What a great idea! Thanks for the awesome link!

    ReplyDelete