Get Your Feet Wet...

Welcome to my blog! Please take a couple minutes to watch this video from National Geographic on Why the Ocean Matters. You might be surprised with what you learn.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Share & Voice: Pharming Parties



Today I just heard of these things called "Pharming Parties."  Apparently I am behind the ball because I have never heard of them before.  I thought I'd share a video about them.

Pharming Parties are becoming more and more popular among teens.  These parties are when a bunch of people go into their parent's medicine cabinets and grab whatever pills they can get their hands on.  Then, all of the people put the pills in a bag/bowl/dish/whatever, and ingest them to get high.

THIS SCARES ME.  I think it is important to stay on top of these issues and I wonder if many parents know about this.  We can't keep our kids in bubbles, but maybe we should rethink who can get into the medicine cabinets!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe this actually happens. About a week ago I was watching Law and Order, SVU and there was an episode about this so I find it interesting you have a blog post about this now. This makes me so sad because what happened to fun, clean parties. Parties where you and your friends pig out on junk food and watch scary movies? I do not think teenagers realize how dangerous prescription drugs really are to their health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I haven't heard of this either. What are kids thinking?! It seems to me that kids are finding new ways to get "high" everyday and it's never-ending. I hope this is something that can be stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. I have actually also seen that episode of SVU Alicia is referring to. I have no idea how kids can legitimately not know what they're putting into their bodies like that. It's increasingly more important for parents to educate their children on how insanely DANGEROUS misusing drugs can be! Thanks for sharing this Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I had no idea about this at all either. It's absolutely crazy the things that kids will do these days! You are completely right in that parents need to keep an eye on some these things and we need to stay on top of issues of this magnitude. Very interesting post. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete